The original idea of the rebranding coat of arms and the logo of Ljubljana City is the transformation of the official coat of arms into a modern graphic design that will be noticeable and more memorable with its simple lines. Nevertheless, the newly-created logo keeps all the content and atributs of the official coat of arms of the city. The main attribute of the coat of arms and the new logo are the castle and the dragon. Dragon is the symbol of the city of Ljubljana. The new logo is designed with simple and clean lines. With a sophisticated design, we get the term dragon and tower from the castle.
The new logo is designed with simple and clean lines. With a sophisticated design, we get the term dragon and tower from the castle.
In accordance with the new logo, a proposal for other visual communications was prepared, which should be noticeable and as clear as possible and simply.
Our initial hypothesis is how to get the attention of the city's inhabitants through a simple and clear design of visual communications of public institutions (in this case: administration of the city).
After the study case we came to the conclusion: simple lines of logos (official coats of arms are too zakoplicirani for the purposes of today's marketing), preservation of content and historical facts, adaptation and simplification of other visual communications, sophisticated selection of color and psychological significance of color shades and simple use.
Modern cities (as public institutions) in today's global world, the flood of marketing campaigns and a huge amount of information need simple visual messaging. This makes it easier to transfer information about the functioning of the city, which is important for the daily lives of the city's residents.
If we shorten, with the new identity of the city hotels we achieve:
- preserving the contents of the symbols of the city,
- modern identity based on new design trends,
- with a new modern image, we want to influence the development of tourism, more efficient city administration, the development of contemporary culture and social policy, ecological orientation, the development of smart city projects and other activities of the city administration,
- simplification of communication with the city's residents,
- encouraging the responsiveness of city's residents,
- consolidating the city's identity and brand.