Ching Chair 清轉合
Cement and Bamboo are both very familiar materials in Taiwan. However they had been recognized and used as non-respecting ways around us, which makes them seem to be low quality materials in Taiwan. Ching Chair is a furniture design project which respecting the texture feature of original material, we redefined the significance and relationship between both material, through the sense of touch and vision while being use. Ching Chair can express the craft beauty of original combination, we see pure and innocent attractions in their form.
Craft - Furniture - Chair
Moso bamboo & Cement
L 330mm W 330mm H 550mm
2013＿Red Dot Award: Design Concept / Best of the Best
Cement Connection 水泥榫接
The characteristic of cement is after mix with water, will start turning from Liquid state into Solid state with time.
So we use this specialty reaction to perfusion cement in it's traditional way. In order to give mortise extra stronger connect.
Innovation of Bamboo Material 保青竹
Bamboo we choose, have been made after Green color preserve process.
So the skin of Bamboo will remains its nature green, remains the original beauty of color.
1. Final version of card-papper model for discussion use.
2. Shaping the pieces after divide one bamboo to three main parts.
3. Place one of the main part into the modeling tool to locate before digging connect hole.
4. Digging the hole for the middle connecting part.
5. Place three main parts of Bamboo leg on the modle locating tool, to measure and fit them togther.
6. Measuring the middle connecting rod, Making sure the size correct.
7. Perfusion cement into the hourglass-shape mortise hole.
Desiged by Ta-Chih Lin & Yi-Fan Hsieh
Special thanks to Craftsman - Jian Cheng Lin