Chair with All the Possibilities
Not everyone can sit with the same sitting posture for a long time.
There is a chair with all the possibilities, RONA.
Whether lying down or lean on it casually, it allows people to interact with and have body stretching on.
3 Sitting Postures
Lean on / Lying down / Sit on
It took me two months to finish making RONA, and I went to the factory almost every day. I spent a vast amount of time waiting for the drying of epoxy resin and polyester putty. My body always covered with dust when doing the surface treatment, and I felt exhausted from long working days. Although this project was hard work for one person, I managed to address the difficulties. After seeing the model evolved step by step, I found it is enlightening to realise a product from ideas to physical objects.
1. Shape the styrofoam primary body.
2. White glue coating.
3. Layers of glass fibre coating.
4. Apply polyester putty to smooth surface.
1. Dividing the frame into six components aims to make the structure of wood firmer.
2. Using sliding dovetail joint combines these parts to create a hexagon-shaped frame.
3. Make the circle-shaped frame using a milling machine, and create a groove to assure the seating pad stay steadily without getting out.
1. Shape the sofa foam to the ideal shape.
2. Cover the sofa foam with fabric to finish the seating pad.
Please Feel Free to Follow
& Appreciate This Project!
✉ E-mail: email@example.com
©2017-2019 Jeff Ching-Wen Chang. All Rights Reserved.